Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Moving On Up...

Deja Vu:

I am the holding manager of the other in-town location for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

  • I am making a decent wage again.
  • I am the manager. No more young, know-it-all first-time manager running my show, trying to 'improve' my retail skills, or schedule the store around his life (and not the needs of the business).
  • A staff that is not so negative all the time.
  • An hour earlier closing time.
Cons:
  • Both veteran cashiers are on their final warnings.
  • The usually super-cool ASM is ridiculously resistant to change.
  • The store is a dump.
  • Trying to keep up on the fly (granted, today will only be my third day in the store, but still...).
At any rate, it will definitely do for now, and I intend to kill it on sales, cleanliness, and customer service. I will make a very strong mark on this store.

No comments:

Post a Comment