Monday, May 30, 2016

Back

Well, that sure sucked.

Around 2 pm at work I was putting U-boats together on the loading dock for the truck delivery today, when I got a huge muscle pull in the lower left side of my back. Arty, the new guy saw it happen, and said that I 'screamed', but I just remember a sudden hard pain, and then yelling and grimacing. I don't scream. Chris was right there too, and he saw the aftermath: my inability to move from my spot on the dock, my difficulty raising my arms above my shoulders, and my hobbling snail's pace to the front  of the store.

Julio called the accident in, and I spoke to the representative. Then I called Ma to come pick me up. She brought me to Leominster Hospital's emergency room, where after an hour (and several Red Sox/Blue Jays innings) I got checked out and prescribed medication. I was also given a note for work. I can't go back without my doctor's approval, and due to the holiday weekend, the earliest I can reach him is Tuesday. Julio has already covered my entire week, so hopefully it'll all work out by then.

After dropping me off, Ma ran around to get my prescriptions, snag some essentials from the grocery store, and drop Jean Marie off at work to retrieve my car. After they left I watched the 100th running of the Indy 500, which I had recorded from earlier today. As I ate my turkey club sub from D'Angelo, rookie Alexander Rossi won the race. It was exciting, and definitely took my mind off my back pain. I was able to wash a sink full of dishes during commercials (doctor's orders: don't stay in one position for too long, whether it's laying down or sitting down).

Later it was "Food Network Star" and "Game of Thrones". It all flew by, but the day felt super long.

1 comment:

  1. Guess who hurt his back again? At work... Unloading a truck...

    ReplyDelete